Do you want to watch videos on YouTube but you’re unable to watch?
Are you facing the YouTube black screen problem?
Don’t worry! You are not the only one. It might be terrible to face such an error on one of the best online video streaming applications while watching a video. Even many of us have experienced this common problem multiple times.
YouTube is one of the largest online platforms to watch videos, listen to audios, or learn anything whether it is about cooking or education. Every day there are millions of videos watched by people around the globe. Mostly people spare their leisure time on YouTube. But sometimes we strike an issue suddenly while playing a video. It means that the screen goes dark and you cannot watch the video but you are only audible to hear the sound.
Therefore, this issue can be caused by several reasons like Adblockers, web browser, malfunctioning, and many more. But, we have selected satisfactory ways to fix the error.
How To Fix YouTube Black Screen Problem
Today in this article, we are going to discuss how to undo the YouTube Black Screen issue. So, We have mentioned below the best solutions to deal with this error.
1. Refresh The Page Or Restart Your Browser
Mobile or computer screens sometimes go black when watching YouTube videos because something is going wrong temporarily on the browser. Solving this dilemma can only be fixed by refreshing the page.
To reload the page, press the F5 key on your keyboard or click the Refresh icon on the side of your Web Browser. Then, check if the video is playing again in the proper way.
If the error is not resolved then go ahead and Close the web browser and Reopen it again. This method can also help you to fix this error. Reopen your web browser once again and replay the YouTube video. Then, see if the problem resolves completely.
2. Clear Your Cache & Cookies
The problem of the YouTube black screen can also be caused by the browser’s cache and cookies. The cache can also change your browser setting and prevent videos from working properly due to which your mobile or computer screen turns black while watching videos on YouTube and you become unable to watch the video.
So, cleaning your cache and cookies on your browser is one of the effective ways to fix the error. But keep in mind that this can remove your all data, password, history. So later on, you will have to re-enter your password into every website you were logged in before.
Ultimately, we have picked the two best browsers like Chrome and Firefox to show how to clean up all the browser data on your phone or computer.
How to Delete Browsing History and Browser Cache in Google Chrome browser?
Two different methods are given below to delete Chrome’s browsing history and cache in phone or computer:
Method 1: If you use Google Chrome on the phone then you can use this method.
Follow the steps given below:
- To get started, open the Google Chrome on your phone. Now click at the top 3 dots on the right side.
- Then, click on Settings and select the Privacy option.
- A Clear Browsing Data page will open.
- In this, you will also get the Time Range option where you can clear the browsing history and cache according to your wish.
For example, If you want to delete the browsing data and cache of the last 24 hrs, then choose the Last 24hrs.
If you want to delete all browsing history then select All time.
- Choose the options “Browsing history” and “Cache site data” and tick ✔️ it.
- Choose “Clear Data”.
Method 2: Below are the instructions to delete browser history and cache data on the computer:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete Keys to open up the Clear Browsing Data tab.
Open Chrome Browser on your computer. Now, click on the 3 dots at the top on the right side and choose the option ” More Tools”.
- Now, select “Clear Browsing Data” where you will get the option “Time Range” and choose your browsing time range.
- Tick mark “Browsing History” and “Cached Site Data” to delete Browsing History and Cache.
How to Delete Browsing History and Cache in Firefox browser?
- Select the Menu Button and click the three dots on the right side.
- Now go to Options and select Privacy and Settings.
- Find Cookies and site data options from the lists.
- Now select the Clear data and tick ✔️ all the boxes.
- Remove browser data.
Now check if the issue fixes the error.
3. Disable Browser Extensions
If the options given above did not work, then you need to confirm that the browser extension is causing problems or not. If it is not working properly and the YouTube black screen problem persists, first of all, disable your browser extension to fix YouTube black screen issue and then check if YouTube is working properly.
Therefore, below are the instructions step by step to disable browser:
- Open up the Google Chrome Shortcut to enter “chrome://extensions” inside the Chrome Address Bar and then press OK.
- Click all the extensions in the lists and disable every extension.
- Restart your Chrome.
Make sure whether the problem is solved or not.
4. Disable Hardware Acceleration
You can also deal with the Black Screen YouTube issue by Disabling hardware acceleration.
The following are the steps to disable hardware acceleration:
- Open Google Chrome and click the 3 dots on the top right side.
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to an end and press the Advanced option.
- Again, scroll down and find the tab “System”.
- Untick to disable ” Use hardware acceleration when available” option.
- Click on the Relaunch button.
Now see if the issue still persists then you can try the next method.
5. Update Your Graphics Driver
Sometimes you may face the YouTube Black Screen error due to outdated or corrupted graphics driver. To fix the error, you will have to update your Graphics driver.
Some steps are given below to update the driver:
- Press Window Key + X and choose the option “Device Manager”.
- Click and expand the ” Display Adapters”.
- Now choose “Graphic Card Driver” from the lists and select “Update Driver”.
- Then, you will see two options. Pick up the first option “Select automatically for updated driver software”.
- Furthermore, follow the steps are shown on your monitor’s display to update the driver.
Now, check whether the Black screen error still exists or not.
If you face YouTube Black Screen error. Don’t worry. You can apply any of these strategies to fix the error.
Was this article useful for you?
Did you try any error fix method?
If yes then which solution did you try and which solution proved beneficial for you? Let us know in the comment box and don’t forget to share your experience with us.