Vibration in any phone is a very useful and sweet feature if it works well. It alerts you of incoming calls, emails, messages, with a vibrating sensation than a noisy ringtone.
But what if your iPhone won’t stop vibrating?
This is a very peculiar and puzzling issue as the cause of such unwanted nonstop buzzing is inexplicable to users themselves! Sometimes it turns out to be very embarrassing and irritating when your iPhone keeps vibrating all the time, especially in a formal gathering.
Several factors could result in such a glitch where your iPhone won’t stop vibrating. Throughout the article, you will find some of the most common reasons for this problem. We have also tried to provide hacks and methods in brief to resolve this fault.
In this article, we cover the different methods that will help you fix the iPhone won’t stop vibrating issue.
- 1 How To Fix iPhone Won’t Stop Vibrating Problem
- 2 iPhone Still Vibrating? Get Your iPhone Repaired
- 3 Conclusion
How To Fix iPhone Won’t Stop Vibrating Problem
Below is the list of the most effective ways to resolve this complication along with the most prevalent cause for your better understanding and knowledge.
1. Restart Your iPhone
The first and foremost thing that is recommended to get over this issue is to reboot or restart your device. This is the most common approach to fix minor technical glitches.
To restart your iPhone, follow the steps below:
For iPhone SE (1st Gen) – 5 or Lower
- Long press the Top button till the “Slide to Power Off” slider appears.
- Swipe the slider left to right to shut down your device.
- Once it is turned off, again hold the Top button to turn it on.
For iPhone SE (2nd Gen) – 6,7,8
- Press and hold the Power button and release it when the slider appears.
- Move the slider to turn off your device.
- After a while, when the device has been switched off; turn it on by long-pressing the Power button till the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone X, 11, 12
- Press and hold either the volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.
2. Close All iPhone Apps
Many times we unconsciously allow many apps to send push notifications. Thus, an app running in the background could be causing the device to vibrate constantly. The app could be malfunctioning or sending notifications.
Hereby closing all apps is a preferred and suitable solution to mend the potential glitch.
To close the apps on your iPhone, open the app switcher. To do that, follow the instructions below:
For iPhone 8 or Below
- Double-tap the Home button
- Close your apps by swiping up.
For iPhone X & Later Models
- Swipe up from the bottom up to the center.
- Close your apps by swiping up.
Also, you can go to Settings > Notifications to check notification permission for each specific application.
3. Hard Reset Your iPhone
This is an optimal solution. In case your iPhone is frozen or your iPhone won’t stop vibrating, then instead of turning it off the usual way, you have to hard reset your iPhone.
This is a generic restart solution that can sort out most of the unusual issues on your device.
Hard Reset is forcing your device to quickly turn off and turn on. It is also a way to fix problems like “touch not working”, ” iPhone won’t turn on” and many other iPhone/iPad problems.
For your convenience, we have categorized according to the model and iOS versions, the steps required to hard reset your device.
For iPhone X, XS, XR, 11, 12, 8, or SE (2nd Gen)
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Do the same with the volume down button.
- Long press the side button. As soon as the Apple logo appears, release the button.
- Press and hold both the volume down and the sleep/wake button simultaneously.
- Release the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6S or SE (1st Gen)
- Press and hold both the Home button at the same time.
- When the Apple logo starts appearing, release them.
4. Update Your iPhone
Your outdated iOS version could be a possible reason that your iPhone won’t stop vibrating. The update aims to maintain the product’s security and other vulnerabilities.
Before updating your iPhone, it is advised to create a backup of your data using iCloud or your PC.
To check for a software update, go to Settings > Software Update. If it is available, download and install that. Check out the link to efficiently update your device.
5. Dry Your iPhone
If your iPhone won’t stop vibrating, then one of the possible causes could be some moisture intrusion. If you suspect the snag to be a consequence of water damage or some other liquid.
Then quickly as a primary step, start drying it out naturally or by other measures. Open all the ports provided you can successfully reassemble back.
In the case of water damage, you may have to suffer data loss. It is suggested to look out for iTunes or iCloud backups. You might also need to try professional iOS repair tools.
Signs Of Water Damage
- Speakers cease to work properly. No sound or distorted sound comes out.
- iPhone gets unusually hot. It indicates that your Lithium-Ion battery has been damaged by water.
- Charging Issues: Abnormal pace of charging or inability to charge are common symptoms of such damages.
After drying up, attempt switching on. If your luck works, it would start working again.
6. Turn Off Vibration
This is a temporary solution to the problem. It won’t address the real problem. To halt the monotony of irritating vibrations for some time, you can try turning off all vibrations of your iPhone.
To turn off vibrations, follow the step-by-step guide below:
- Open your phone Settings
- Go to General > Sound and Haptics
3. In the Sound and Haptics, you would find a toggle “Vibrate to Silent“. Turn it off.
Also to cancel all vibrations: Settings > Accessibility > Vibration. Drag the slider to left.
7. Put Your iPhone in DFU mode
Device Firmware Upgrade(DFU) is an extensive restoration that allows the device to restore from any state. In this process, all the codes get erased and reloaded.
This method has a very high potency to resolve deep software issues. This mode can also be used in extreme cases where your device stops responding.
However, we recommend you create a before initiating the process since using DFU mode you will lose every bit of data.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to put your device( iPhone 7 ) on DFU mode:
- Plugin your iPhone to your PC.
- Open iTunes.
Note:- This will work even if your iPhone is switched off.
3. Press and hold the Sleep/ Wake button along with the Volume down button for few seconds.
4. Release the Sleep/Wake button but continue to hold the Volume down button until iTunes prompt message that reads: “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode”
5. Release the Volume down button.
A completely black screen will appear meaning DFU mode has been successfully activated. If it has not, try again from the beginning.
Now, you can easily restore your iPhone using iTunes. For other models, check out the link.
In case you need to exit DFU mode and return to normal. Just hold the Home button and the Sleep button simultaneously till the Apple logo appears.
iPhone Still Vibrating? Get Your iPhone Repaired
If your iPhone won’t stop vibrating even after putting it on DFU mode and employing every method enlisted then it must be some hardware fault. The vibration motor that causes vibration might be malfunctioning.
We would advise you to take your device to an experienced Apple technician. And, if have an Apple Care+ plan, then take it to the nearby Apple Customer Service Center.
There are several reasons why your “iPhone won’t stop vibrating”. Here we have enlisted major and most common causes along with the solutions/suggestions.
We expect that this article helps you get positive results. However, if your iPhone won’t stop vibrating, then it is recommended to get it inspected by Apple professionals.
Let us know in the comments if you were able to solve the problem. Also, do share which method worked for you.