Browsers keep track of the sites you visit and you may want to clear most visited sites for any reason like maybe they clutter the homepage and create a mess or for any privacy reasons.
So, in Google, if your homepage is set to default, whenever you launch chrome under the search bar you will find thumbnails of all the most visited sites of yours. Similarly for other browsers like Firefox and Safari also has this section and if you want to know how to clear the most visited sites, you are at the right spot.
As we have explained in this article how to clear most visited sites on chrome as well as Firefox and Safari.
How To Clear Most Visited Sites On Google Chrome
1. Clear Most Visited Sites All At Once
Clearing most visited sites all at once is straightforward and takes no more than 5 min. You simply follow the steps below and there you are.
- Initially, you have to open settings in chrome. You can do that by clicking the button on your upper right.
- After that, in the pop-up menu, select history. Also, one can choose this history tab by pressing Ctrl+H on their keyboard.
- Now you will find “clear browsing history” click on it. Then a window will be opened in which you can select the data you want to delete from which date.
- Next, click the drop-down menu and there you select ” the beginning of the time“. Below you will find “Clear browsing data“. Click on it.
- That’s all. You have learned how to clear most visited sites at once and all yours are deleted now.
Will now see how to clear the most visited sites specifically, if you don’t want all of them to be cleared.
2. Clear Specifically
Following are the steps to clear most visited sites specifically and it is also easy.
- Once you launch Chrome, you will find your most visited sites on its home screen.
- Then you identify the site you want to delete, after that move your cursor over it so that its thumbnail is highlighted and the cross (X) mark is enabled.
- Now click on that cross mark. Your site gets deleted from the list and the effect is shown immediately.
- You can select other sites in the same way and delete them.
How To Clear Most Visited Sites On Firefox
Within every new tab, the clutter Firefox presents is way more and simply makes us want to switch to another browser as the top sites and highlights cover the whole screen. Well, highlights and top sites here to give easy access to those sites however, the thumbnails look messier.
If you are a Firefox then don’t worry, below are a few steps you have to follow to clear most visited sites on Firefox manually or you can also disable them completely. Follow from 4th step if you want to disable top sites and highlights entirely. Highlights is now available for both Android and iOS though there’s no way to remove it now.
- Launch the Firefox browser
- You can see all the most visited sites of yours. So whenever you hover over any of the site’s thumbnails, you’re gonna see these 3 dots in a circle or menu.
- Identify the site you want to remove, and click on that menu, and select dismiss. However, you can also select delete from history as with dismiss the site may show up again later.
As I said you can completely turn off highlights and top sites which is more convenient and straightforward. Let’s see the steps below for that.
- On your PC or Mac launch Firefox, then you will see the gear-shaped or settings icon. Click on it.
- Now in the new tab preferences page, uncheck the boxes next to top sites and highlights.
- You can also uncheck the box next to snippets that presents all the new stuff released by Firefox which may be most distracting.
- After unchecking click on done. That’s all now you will not see top sites and highlights cluttering your screen.
Okay, let’s now see how to clear the most visited sites on Safari.
How To Clear Most Visited Sites on Safari
Following are the few steps you can follow to clear the most visited sites on Safari.
- Launch your Safari browser
- On its start page, you can see frequently visited sites i.e most visited sites
- You can delete these sites from the start page itself.
- Identify the site you want to delete, once you find it, right-click on it and then select delete from the menu.
- Also, if you want to clear the whole frequently visited sites, you have to right-click in the blank space on the start page and then from the options given, uncheck “show frequently visited”.
- Moreover, you can also disable Siri suggestions by doing the same i.e right-click on space and uncheck “show Siri suggestions“.
iPad or iPhone
Following are the few simple steps you have to follow to clear frequently visited sites on your iPhone or iPad. Also, if you want to entirely remove this frequently visited sites section skip the starting steps and follow from the 5th step.
- Open the Safari browser app on your device.
- Now go to the start page of the browser and find the frequently visited section.
- Now find the site you wish to delete. Once you get it press and hold on to that site’s icon.
- Then in the pop-up icon tap on delete. That’s all.
If you wish to remove the whole frequently visited section. You can also do that by going to the settings app.
- First, open the Settings app and then go for the safari app.
- Now in the general settings of the safari app. Toggle next to frequently visited sites.
- With this the whole frequently visited sites will be removed or disabled and you will not see it anymore.
Most visited sites feature is quite beneficial and at home though if it is in office or anywhere else, guess it’s a little revealing. Therefore, above we told how you can clear most visited sites manually.
We hope you found the article helpful and if you have any corrections or suggestions, let us know in the comment section.