Are you a GeForce Experience user?
Are you facing the GeForce Experience not working error “Something went wrong? Try rebooting your PC”?
Then, don’t get frustrated. A lot of people have the same problem on their Windows 10 PC.
Actually, the GeForce Experience is used by many PC users as an NVIDIA application. This application has many functions that perform automatic driver updates, video recording of games, etc. When the user tries to start the program after installation, the user faces an issue that seems on the screen of the PC with a notification error message.
This is what the error looks like. This happens because there is a corrupted file within the entire Nvidia folder that’s on your hard drive because there are so many things that keep running in the background and cannot be turned off.
So we have picked the best ways to fix this error.
How To Fix GeForce Experience Not Working Issue
Keep reading this article to know 5 ways to fix the GeForce experience not working error in PC as given below:
Restart GeForce Experience in Windows Services
If you receive the error message “Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience.” on your Windows computer that becomes an obstacle obtaining the software.
To overcome the error, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Press Windows Key + R, then type “services.msc” in the Run Dialog Box and click on OK.
- A new window will appear on your screen where you’ll see the list of running services. Find out Nvidia services.
- Right-click on NVIDIA Telemetry Container and choose Properties.
- Confirm that services are Running if not then click on Start Button.
- Now, click on Apply and press OK in order to apply the changes.
- Then, click the “Log On” tab and choose “Local System Account”. Here, you have to allow services to interact with computers.
- Select the Apply button and press OK in order to apply these changes.
- Again, click on the NVIDIA Telemetry Container and then press the Start Button.
- Close services and Reboot your computer.
If this method doesn’t work then move forward to another method.
Reinstall NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers
An outdated and corrupted graphic card may be the cause of the error. So, you can use the Graphic driver uninstaller to uninstall your NVIDIA display driver. After that, you can download and install the latest version of NVIDIA graphics drivers to fix the error.
To get started, follow these given instructions:
- Press Windows+X on your keyboard to open up the Start menu and choose ” Device Manager”.
- Find and right-click on “Display Adapters” to extend it.
- Visit the NVIDIA Drivers website and search the driver manually.
- Now, choose your Graphic Card, Operating System specifications to fill the details of your driver.
- Then, start Searching to Download the driver from the drop-down list.
- After downloading the updated Graphics Driver, Install it.
- Finally, Reboot your computer to check whether the error is fixed or not.
Check Firewall and Antivirus Settings
If the above-mentioned methods don’t work to fix the error “Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience”. That means the issue still exists and antivirus software block the NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
Sometimes, the Firewall might be the reason for GeForce Experience error.
But you can also settle the issue by disabling Firewall and Antivirus settings.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” inside the search bar and open the app.
- Now click on Change Settings.
- Then, look for the applications related to NVIDIA and ensure that all the NVIDIA boxes are already reviewed.
- Restart your GeForce Experience and make sure that the error is solved or not.
- On the other hand, if the error has not been resolved then shut down any antivirus software for temporary to check if it prevents the GeForce Experience from running.
Reinstall GeForce Experience Software
If the above methods have not been successful to fix the corrupted software, then you can go for reinstalling the application.
To do that, you have to follow these instructions given below:
- Press the Windows + R to open up the Run prompt and type “appwiz.cpl” inside it and press OK.
- A new Program window will be open and find NVIDIA GeForce Experience from the lists.
- Right-click on it and select the Uninstall option.
- Now, search the NVIDIA website to reinstall the latest version of the application.
- Now, open the downloaded.exe file and also follow the whole instructions to download the software.
After reinstalling, check the GeForce Experience to ensure that it’s working.
Check For Hardware Issues
Sometimes the graphics card doesn’t work because of the corrupted hardware issues.
To fix the error unplug all the cables of your computer and disconnect your computer from the Power switch.
Remove your graphics card from your computer’s slot to remove the dust from your computer. Now, either you can boost your graphics card or use another graphics card. After doing that, the error should be fixed.
We hope this post was really helpful to you. If you have tried any of these tricks then feel free to share your experience with us. So that we can know which method is effective and beneficial.
If you have any queries regarding this article, do let us know by leaving a comment in the section below.