Developed by Bungie, Destiny 2 is an online multiplayer and free-to-play game that is widely popular. The game got generally positive reviews and also won various awards.
Despite all the good features it has, players encounter error code broccoli that says it is having issues with detecting your GPU that might be caused by a driver crash.
Therefore in this article, we have explained various ways you can fix this error code broccoli and also learn what causes this error.
- 1 Why Does the Error Code Broccoli Occur?
- 2 Methods To Fix Error Code Broccoli
- 3 Conclusion
Why Does the Error Code Broccoli Occur?
Here are some main felons which are giving rise to the error code broccoli.
- It can be a full-screen glitch, i.e, it may be the case that the Nvidia graphic model you use isn’t compatible with full-screen mode, so that may throw the error code broccoli.
- Maybe you didn’t update your windows and that’s interfering with the GPU driver and resulting in this error code broccoli
- Can also be your outdated or corrupted graphic drivers.
Methods To Fix Error Code Broccoli
Here are the 9 best ways to fix the error code broccoli. Read all of them to see which one works best for you.
1. Update Your Windows
The first way you could fix the error code broccoli is to update your pending windows updates and optional ones too. Most gamers say that this way worked for them when they installed every update.
Also, the error might be occurring because the Windows Update Component maybe managing your GPU driver updates. So, if this is your case, i.e, haven’t installed all the updates then you can follow the below steps to check if there’s any and update.
- First, move to windows settings and then to updates and security.
- Next, click on Windows Update. After that, click on check for updates.
- Now windows will check and let you know if there are any updates. If you have pending ones then click on download and install updates.
Once you are done with downloading the updates along with optional ones. Restart your laptop or PC and launch Destiny 2. See if the error code broccoli persists.
If the error code remains, you can move into the next method to fix it.
2. Stop Overclocking
Usually, many players overclock their CPU or GPU to attain more performance. However, Overclocking the CPU may crash your system and bring instability.
Thus see if the error code broccoli is occurring after you have overclocked the CPU. And if so, then bring your default settings back. And then see if you are still facing the same error.
3. Try Running The Game In Windows Mode
This is another verified way that most of the time fixes this error code broccoli for gamers. Using Geforce, one can run the game in Windows mode, also you don’t have to play the whole game in this mode, you can change it to full screen once you start the game from the screen options tab.
And yeah, you need to have an Nvidia GPU, for this one to work. You can download and install the Geforce experience app from here if you don’t have it on your PC or laptop.
Following are the steps to enable Windows mode.
- Open the Geforce experience app and then click on the home tab, next from the already installed games list click on Destiny 2.
- Now, scroll down and try to find the settings option which is near the optimize button. Now in the custom settings, click on the drop-down menu of display mode.
- You are almost there, here you change from full screen to windowed mode and click on apply. Also, save the changes.
Then launch the game and verify if you face the error code broccoli again. If yes, you can try out other ways below.
4. Enable V-Sync
You can enable the V-Sync option in your in-game settings, or follow the steps below to get there and enable it.
- Launch Destiny 2 by opening Steam on your PC or laptop
- Then go to open settings and click on it.
- Next, in the video tab from the left pane, find frame rate and V-Sync to enable them. Also, set V-Sync and frame rate cap to 72 FPS.
- That’s all, apply the changes.
Now see if you still face the error code broccoli.
5. Verify Game Files Integrity
This error code broccoli may also occur because you have unverified game files. Verify Integrity of the game file will compare all your present game files on PC with the ones that are on Steam servers, all the latest ones.
You can follow the below step to verify your game files’ integrity.
- Open Steam on your PC or laptop and double click on your game and select properties.
- Now, move to the local files tab and then click on verify the integrity of game files.
- Once the verification completes, restart your PC and check if you find the error. Hopefully, the error should have gone.
6. Update Graphics Card Driver
If the above methods didn’t fix the error code broccoli, then check if your graphic card driver is updated to the latest version or not. If not, you can go through the steps below to update your driver.
- Initially open device manager, and then expand display adapters.
- After that, right-click on the graphic driver so that you can select the update driver next.
- Now, you will find an option, select automatically for updated driver software. Click on it and wait for the process to complete.
Okay now, see if the error still exists. If it doesn’t, restart your PC, and you are done. However, if you still find the error code broccoli then continue the steps below.
- Once again, you have to right-click your graphic card and then select the update driver option. And now, you select, browse my computer for driver software and then select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and then click on next
- After that, you will see a list of drivers, select the latest one and let it finish the job.
Now again restart your PC or laptop and verify if the error code broccoli remains.
7. Rollback Your Graphics Driver
If you already updated your graphic card driver and started encountering the error code broccoli bring it back to the older version.
- Search for device manager, in the taskbar then expand it by clicking on display adapters. Next right-click on your graphics driver.
- After that select rollback driver by moving to the drivers’ tab.
- You can now verify if you are facing the same error code broccoli by restarting your PC and launching the game.
8. Reinstall Destiny 2
Maybe some installation files are corrupted and you are facing this error code broccoli, so try reinstalling the game to sort this issue by following the instructions below.
- First, open the control panel from the taskbar’s search button.
- Then find uninstall a program. You will see a list of programs, select destiny 2 so right-click and choose uninstall.
Hopefully, that should help you in fixing the error code broccoli.
9. Tweak Game Properties & Enable Debug Mode
If any of the above methods didn’t fix the error code broccoli then you can make changes in the game properties and check if you face the error again.
You can tweak the settings by going through the steps below.
- Find and double click on the game’s executable file and choose properties and then click on edit by moving to the security tab and see that users are given full control.
- Then move to the compatibility tab, and run the program as administrator, also click on Change high DPI settings to enable the application’s DPI which is the first box.
- Next from the taskbar, search services app. Then find and right-click on windows management instrumentation.
- Now in the next window, you will see the startup type option, change it to automatic. Then apply changes.
- Now open the task manager by entering Ctrl +Alt+Del. Find destiny 2 in the details tab and set its priority to high and also Battle.net.exe file’s priority to high.
That’s all. You can now go and check if the error still persists.
Nvidia introduced a Scalable Link Interface that lets you combine multiple GPUs to get more processing power.
Thus if you have two graphic cards installed then you can enable this SLI mode. So just follow the step to get there.
- Choose the Nvidia control panel by right-clicking anywhere on your desktop
- From the left pane choose Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX.
- Next under the SLI configuration section Maximize 3D Performance and then apply.
- Then move to tools and enable debug mode.
Now restart your PC and check if the error remains.
Related: 13 Best Games Like Gangstar Vegas
So, these were some of the best ways to fix the error code broccoli. Any one of the above methods should have fixed the error for you hopefully.
Let us know if you are aware of any more helpful ways or if you have any questions in the comment section.