Apex Legends was developed by Respawn Entertainment and gained an amazing player base of around 25 million within a week.
Being free to play and battle royale FPS it is played by many. However, people now are complaining of Apex Legends Crashing that’s disturbing their gameplay and therefore looking for solutions to fix it.
So, here in this article, we have explained in pretty detail why apex legends keep crashing and how you can fix it.
- 1 What Is The Reason For Apex Legends Crashing
- 2 How To Fix Apex Legends Crashing On PC
- 3 How To Fix Apex Legends Crashing On Xbox One
- 4 How To Fix Apex Legends Crashing On PS4
- 5 Conclusion
What Is The Reason For Apex Legends Crashing
Users can experience freezing for some seconds or they are unable to join a match. There can be many causes for these crashes like outdated graphic cards, or Overclocking, etc and these can vary from one player to another.
We have observed the causes and ways by which you can fix these crashes. So, keep reading to learn which could be your cause and fix.
How To Fix Apex Legends Crashing On PC
Here are a few ways you can fix the Apex Legends Crashing and enjoy the game smoothly back again.
1. Update Your Graphic Drivers
The first thing you can do when Apex Legends crashes on your PC is to detect nothing is outdated on your side. Well that said, check if your graphic card is updated or not.
As the crash may also be because of your outdated graphic cards. You can update your graphic card pretty easily by downloading the new drivers as they are more optimized and are developed to improve and fix errors.
You can download the latest driver from the graphic driver manufacturer site and once it’s done check if you are facing the same crash again.
2. Change Your Graphic Settings
The second way you can opt is altering your graphic and CPU settings and this method is highly proposed as it is most productive. By changing these settings you unblock all the walls set up by processors- Nvidia, AMD, or Intel and let your Apex Legends properly make use of CPU and GPU by optimizing them.
Follow the simple steps to make the changes.
1. Search graphic settings on your PC.
2. Now click on graphic settings and navigate to Partition C\\ Program Files(x86)\\ Origin Games Folder\\ Apex\\ (double click) R5apex.exe
3. Then you have to click on options after Apex Legends is added.
4. Lastly, you have to set the graphic performance from system default to high performance. That’s all.
Once you are done with GPU settings, you can also fix CPU usage. Following are the simple steps you should implement.
1. Initially go to my computer and partition C.
2. After that navigate just like above i.e Program Files(x86)\\ Origin Games Folder\\ Apex\\ (find) R5apex.exe
3. In R5apex.exe, choose the Compatibility tab and here you tick the box “Run this program as admin” and untick “disable fullscreen optimization“.
3. Disable Overclocking
Another reason why you might face this crash is Overclocking your PC i.e you increase the speed of your processor and graphics card but increasing the clock rate and making the CPU reach its 90% utilization rate may lead to crashes.
So what you do is let the CPU run at its default clock speed or don’t super overclock it and then check if the game has any crashes again.
Hope that helps. If it doesn’t, let’s look at another method.
4. Close Unwanted Applications
Multitasking is what the CPU does but running too many programs concurrently will slow down your PC as all together demand way more CPU power and memory that it cannot bear and in fact, you will notice the difference when you switch from one program to another.
Therefore, this could be another reason why you are encountering apex legends crashing, and thus make sure that you close all unwanted applications running in the background and check if the apex legends crashing persists.
Didn’t fix the crash yet? You can try the next method.
5. Fix Using Launch Options
If the above methods didn’t fix your apex legends crashing then try this one. Here, you have to turn off “Enable Origin” in the game.
Follow the simple steps to do that.
1. First on your PC, open Origin.
2. After that go to My library and click on Apex Legends and then select Properties.
3. Lastly, you will find “Enable Origin in-game for Apex Legends” under the general tab, simply turn it off.
Now, max your FPS to 100 if you wish to 75 as the game may have reserved cache for some amount of FPS. For this,
1. Just like above, open Origin and search Apex Legends.
2. Now click on Apex Legends and then choose Properties and again Advanced.
3. Here in the Command line argument box enter +fps_max 100.
Hopefully, the game should work fine now.
6. Fix AntiCheat Usage
If Apex Legends Crashing is arising without an error then that may be because of the AntiCheat- the built-in software for the game. You have to reduce its usage and lessen the pressure on the CPU.
You have to set the EasyAntiCheat priority to low through the task manager. Let’s now see how to do that.
1. As usual, open Apex Legends.
2. Now to open the task manager enter CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
3. Then in the Details tab, search for the EasyAntiCheat service.
4. You can now set the priority to low or below normal by clicking on it.
You are done here. Hopefully, this should have fixed the Apex Legends Crashing. If not, you can resort to the next method.
7. Reinstall Apex Legends
If the above methods didn’t fix the Apex Legends Crashing or freezing, then you can lastly consider reinstalling the game. So, once you uninstall and then reinstall the game; verify if you are facing the apex legends crashing or freezing again.
You can also repair the game by following the path given,
Origins\\ games library\\ Apex Legends\\ repair
How To Fix Apex Legends Crashing On Xbox One
Here are a few ways you can fix Apex Legends Crashing on Xbox One.
- One can reset their console.
- Don’t plug in headphones, or unplug devices connected to the USB port for a while.
- Restart the game a few times.
- You can also perform a power cycle.
- Install the Apex Legends from the beginning, one can try installing it on the internal hard drive if it was on the external.
- Clear or reset the Mac address and restart your Xbox.
- Clear the cache present in the console or try using another Xbox account.
- Also, delete the locally saved data.
- Moreover, you can go through Apex Legends Xbox guidelines or Xbox official guide to troubleshoot.
How To Fix Apex Legends Crashing On PS4
- Make sure you have the latest software update from here
- Consider reinstalling the game.
- Restart PS4 and router.
- If your hard drive or SSD has less space, clear it.
- You can also perform a power cycle. i.e you have to hold the power button until you hear two beeps. Again turn it on or launch the game after 1 min.
- Also, turn off “incoming voice to chat text” in the settings.
- One can turn off supersampling mode and also restore the license of the game.
Now you know what could be the reason for Apex Legends Crashing and how to overcome it on either PC, Xbox One or PS4.
Hopefully, any one of the above methods should have certainly helped you in fixing the crash and continue your gaming smoothly.
Nevertheless, let us know if you have any more questions regarding the same in the comment section.
Also Read: 20 Best Co-Op Games You Should Play In 2021