Have you forgotten your WiFi password?
Are you unable to access nearby Wi-Fi network?
In such situations, there are two methods to recover/find the WiFi password:
- With Rooting
- Without Rooting
So, the first question is what does root and without root mean?
Whatever Android device we use, the mobile company imposes some restrictions from its side due to which we have to use the phone according to the limit given by the company.
Generally, there are some apps in the Android device that we can’t uninstall, can’t use any other software according to our convenience due to the company’s restrictions.
With the help of rooting, you can make any changes to your phone and can get back your Wi-Fi password. But it’s quite hectic and tough. So, let’s move to the next way to find Wi-Fi password.
You can also find your Wi-Fi password without rooting. But you need to follow three methods to do so. This is an easy way to get back your Wi-Fi password.
So, today in this article we are going to discuss how to find WiFi password without root.
“Note: This article is only for educational and security purposes and the methods described below should not be used illegally or for exploitation.”
Find Wi-Fi Password Without Root
Nowadays Wi-Fi is available everywhere, such as colleges, railway stations, hotels, banks, etc. Sometimes it happens that we get the signal of Wi-Fi around us but unable to connect it without a password.
In this article, we will know how to find a Wi-Fi password without root by using 3 methods. So, you will be able to get connected your phone to the Wi-Fi network and can use unlimited internet for free.
Here are the 3 methods to find/recover Wi-Fi password-
Using Es File Explorer App
Es File Explorer App is one of the popular file management applications for Android devices. Using this application, users manage the files, data and documents of their smartphones.
If you want to find the Wi-Fi password without rooting then you can go for this app.
Follow the below steps to find the Wi-Fi password on your smartphone:
• Download Es File Explorer from Google Play Store and install it on your Android device.
• Open the app after installation and click on the “allow the much-needed permission” to continue further.
• Next, enable the root explorer feature from the tool.
• Now, click on the local device and then go the data directory.
• After that, navigate Misc> Wi-Fi Folder.
• Inside the Wi-Fi Folder, find and open a file “wpa_supplicant.Conf” in a text editor.
• This file contains saved Wi-Fi networks and password. All you need to search SSID (Wi-Fi network) and PSK (password).
As you can see above, we have got the Wi-Fi password. In the same way, you can get your Wi-Fi password back by using this application.
Using WPA WPS Tester App
WPS stands for Wireless Protected Setup. It’s a wireless networking standard that connects the router or wireless device easily with the help of which you can locate the nearby Wi-Fi network and know the password. It works for WPA Personal/WPA2 Personal Security wireless networks.
To know the nearby Wi-Fi networks and passwords, try this application and install it on your Android device.
• Download this application from Google Play Store and then, install it.
• Once the installation is done, launch the app from the app drawer.
• After that, you will see that the app starts searching for all the nearby Wi-Fi networks.
• Now, the list of Wi-Fi signal shown on your screen. Here, select the Wi-Fi signal in green colour instead of red colour.
• After selecting the Wi-Fi network, click on Connect Automatic Pin.
• In the next step, you will get two options Root Or No Root.
• If your phone is rooted then, click on the Root and if your phone is not rooted then, click on the No Root option.
• Now a menu of the pin will appear on the screen where you have to choose any one of them. And click on the Connect (Root) option.
• Within a few seconds, you will see a pop-up page in which the password of the Wi-Fi router will be there.
• Then, copy the password and paste it to connect to the network.
• And see if the passwords match or not. If not, then try another password from the lists. One of them will match for sure.
In this way, you will see that your phone gets connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Using ADB Command
It is a versatile device that helps in managing the state of the Android device. Using ADB Command also helps to find out the Wi-Fi password without rooting.
To do that, here are the steps:
• Go to your Android Settings. Scroll down and select “About Phone.” Tap on it and scroll down again to find the Build Number.
• Tap on the “Build Number” 5 to 6 times until you get a message “You are now a developer.”
• Back to settings, turned on the “Android Debugging/USB Debugging” button under Developer options.
• Now, open your Windows PC. Download and install ADB Drivers. You also need to download platform tools. Open the folder where you have installed the above tools.
Right-click in the folder and choose the option “Open Command Window Here.”
• Next, connect your phone to the PC using a USB. In the command prompt, type “adb services” and then, press Enter.
• In the command prompt, type the command “adb pull/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
This command will bring the file from your phone to the PC’s local disk C Drive.
• Lastly, open the file with notepad.
This is how you will get all the nearby Wi-Fi signals and passwords.
Hope you liked our post!
So, these are the best way to find/recover Wi-Fi password without roots.
If you don’t have a data pack on your phone, then you will be able to use the Wi-Fi networks around you. If your phone is not rooted, you can use the above-mentioned methods to use nearby Wi-Fi for free.
Keep sharing this article and have any queries/issues related to this article, do let us know in the comment below.
Read More: How To Delete Steam Account Permanently In Windows 10
2 thoughts on “How To Find WiFi Password Without Root”