In today’s article, we are going to address a list of best portable antivirus that may secure your biggest assets in the present world running on technology.
With the increase in technological advancement, there has been a proportionate rise in the number of hacking, phishing, virus, ransomware attacks that means that your windows operating system is no longer secured.
- 1 What Is A Portable Antivirus Software?
- 2 15 Best Portable Antivirus Software For Windows
- 2.1 1. Microsoft Safety Scanner
- 2.2 2. Avira PC Cleaner
- 2.3 3. Emsisoft Emergency Kit
- 2.4 4. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
- 2.5 5. McAfee Stinger
- 2.6 6. Dr.Web Cureit!
- 2.7 7. Norton Power Eraser
- 2.8 8. Sophos’s HitmanPro
- 2.9 9. Comodo Cleaning Essentials
- 2.10 10. Zemana AntiMalware
- 2.11 11. F-Secure Online Scanner
- 2.12 12. VIPRE Rescue
- 2.13 13. Spybot
- 3 Conclusion
What Is A Portable Antivirus Software?
A portable antivirus is generally like any portable app that needs not to be installed in your device to work. This can be particularly helpful in case your system has been infected with malware. This malware tends to disable the Antivirus, so it becomes completely useless to install any antivirus. A second problem arises if you are working on a public library computer that doesn’t have installed Antivirus systems, you can very well carry these portable Antivirus systems very well in your USB.
Most of the afore listed software is anti-malware products and most of them have updated definitions but in some of the cases, you have to update it manually. Still, these best portable antivirus software cannot be replaced with your full-fledged Antivirus products. For real-time scanning, you will have to scan the files and folders every time.
15 Best Portable Antivirus Software For Windows
Here is a list of the best portable antivirus software that you can install in order to protect your data:
If you think your windows have a virus then the Microsoft safety scanner will provide you with an on-demand scanning solution for any kind of viruses malware and other bad stuff. It works parallel with your existing Antivirus software and also has an updated malware definition database. It can be downloaded from Microsoft office and can be used at any Microsoft version.
- It has an up to date malware definition.
- You can run the program from your USB drive.
- Detect and remove malware.
- On-demand scan.
- The product expires within 10 days.
It is a second opinion scanner that scans for malware and very efficiently works alongside other Anti-malware in your laptops, PCs, notebook that have Windows XP or better versions. The main idea is to safeguard the residing software in your system and that it is not corrupted by any malicious program.
- This takes limited resources and cleans your system with all the possible threats.
- The user interface looks very clean and organized.
The option of customized scanning that gives access to file like emails and contacts is not provided If your system is infected with a malicious malware in that case then the Emsisoft Emergency kit that has all the punches to remove any kind of viruses, key-loggers, etc. from any computer.
However, unlike other programs it requires a quick installation, to extract the program files. It is better than other Antivirus as it gives access to both in command and GUI and command-line interface.
- It gives both a Batch scan and Disc Access.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- Apart from detecting malware, these can also detect key loggers.
It is another best free portable tool for scanning and disinfecting your windows computer. It’s a robust program but is very effective in cleaning your system with hidden malware and viruses very easily. The new version of this program has introduced some changes as to how it used to run.
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool uses Kaspersky Lab’s latest technologies.
- It gives you real-time access to cloud-based security information – to scan your PC of any latest threats.
- Intercepts the Windows API, by effectively hiding its presence by modifying low-level API function.
- It requires a large free storage space of around 500 MB to scan.
- The scanning results take some time to complete.
It is a standalone program that can be configured to execute different actions (remove, repair, etc.), as required. This program is a simple and robust tool that can scan and remove boot sectors registry modules and rootkits.
It now includes real-time protection that can monitor suspicious activity on an endpoint. The company that provides this, Intel security is the worlds most dedicated security system
- It integrates global threat intelligence that enables threat prediction from numerous sensors located worldwide.
- It’s quick and effective.
- Uses cloud-based information.
- The software only scans the virus, there is no program for removing the virus.
Yet another tool that is worth checking out, unlike other programs you don’t have to install it. You can simply download the file and run a scan. This is lightweight that occupies only 175MB storage space.
- The user interface is clean and organized.
- Gives you the option of removing the threats found.
- Detect malware and Adware.
- Not bootable
It is different from the traditional virus scanning as it eliminates deeply embedded and difficult to remove spyware. You can run this tool to scan for threats even if you have a Symantec product or any other security product. If you cannot start the computer in Normal mode, you can run this tool in Safe mode.
- It is faster compared to other programs.
- It scans and quarantines any threat that is found, which otherwise you have to do manually.
- It may cause the loss of some important programs as it uses aggressive methods of threat detection.
This software can not only scan your device for anti suspicious files but also replaces it with safe and original window resources. It also blocks any chances of further reinfection into the system as a new host of malware is activated every day and can be found everywhere, even on trusted websites. It works alongside your system Antivirus
- Small space occupancy in USB.
- It is quick and uses deep scanning.
- Both scanning, removing, and replacement of the defected windows can be done using the same program.
- Does Not requires installation and can be started directly through a USB flash drive or CD.
- It is not completely free of cost.
- There are many false positives (but any antivirus program can not avoid this
- It scans only the drive where the system itself is installed
- Comodo Cleaning Essentials
It is a set of computer security tools designed as a portable application, the software requires no installation and can be run directly from removable media such as a USB key. The scanner is highly configurable, uses the latest heuristic techniques to detect previously unknown viruses, features first-class malware.
- It has proactive protection and includes HIPS components.
- Broader scanning options that allow quick scan, full scan rating scan, and selective scan.
- It lets you use an automatic sandbox through which you can use a virtual desktop allowing you to open apps in a protected environment.
- Since it uses cloud-based technology it lets you cover all the files in your computer system.
- Some of its components are very unstable and have no parental control.
- Doesn’t includes web Filtering.
If you are looking for a low resource consuming free antivirus program then this is an ultimate solution. The software has an additional cloud scanner which helps in the recovery of the computer after the malware infection.
In this, you won’t get other features than protection. Also, it won’t protect you from spam and phishing.
- It is effective against Rootkits a Bootkits.
- The Premium version provides ransomware protection.
- It can be used both for Windows and Android platforms.
- Through the free version, you can have protection against bootkit, rootkit, and browsing hijackers.
- There is no mac or iOS version of this softwware.
- The free version has no real time protection.
If your PC has become unresponsive after a virus infection then, this is the best solution you can find, as the F secure CD contains the Knoppix derivative of a Linux Operating system that can run completely from a CD. This makes it old is a gold version of the Portable Antivirus software.
- Virus definition databases can be updated manually by using a USB drive.
- Virus definition databases are updated automatically if the computer has an internet connection.
- Rescue CD will by default scan, all hard drives in the computer, all USB drives attached to the computer, Windows FAT and NTFS drives.
- It cannot scan encrypted disks. Once booted, you can check the installed programs and perform more advanced repair and data recovery operations.
12. VIPRE Rescue
It is another top-rated anti-malware, a solution that scans and detects your system for stubborn and hidden malware. It runs entirely on one line command interface. It allows you to deep scan with Rootkit checking enabled.
If you want to run a Quick Scan use the /quick argument, to disable the rootkit scan use /rootkit. It is an old school security system for your PC that doesn’t have too many unnecessary features. However simplicity never means unreliability, lab tests have shown that it can detect 100%of all threats and gives real-time protection for, data theft and snooping.
- It dosen’t slows down your system during scanning and fixing your malware.
- It is cost effective.
- It has a simpler user interface
- It provides weak ransomware protection.
- It needs a great deal of space.
- The support could be better.
Search & Destroy Portable was launched in 2000 it has been one of the most popular choices amongst users.it offers real-time protection from malware and Spywares that can severely affect your files and data. The user-interface of Spybot – Search & Destroy Portable is simple and clutter-free and it provides users customized scan mode as well. With affordable price comes excellent customer support.
- Offers immunization for different browsers including Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome.
- Users can choose from home and business versions of the software.
- Blocks access to the website which could be potential threats.
- Easy to use with sleek interface design.
- Free version available but with a limited set of features.
- It takes a long time to scan.
- Only available on Windows.
Installing or using a portable Antivirus device allows you to protect your system from malware and spyware but is not a replacement for your permanent antivirus product. In fact, most of the portable Antiviruses don’t provide real-time scanning, which you have to do manually, and also regularly update the database.
You can use the Rescue CD to scan your computer and quarantine harmful files. These free Bootable CD & USB Antivirus are able to remove crimeware that traditional virus scanning method can’t.